Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Bloomy.





I'm going to forget about my materialism for a minute to write you this tribute David on your 22nd birthday.  I hope you knew that you were seriously my best friend man.  I'm glad we kept in touch during our first couple years of college.   Getting to know you was one of the best things I've ever did.  I could talk to you about anything and it was always cool, or "chiller."  You taught me that being cool wasn't about how popular you were but instead it was about doing what you loved.  Your life shouldn't be lived in a way to fit the acceptable norm.
When Meyer called me about the news, I couldn't even believed what happen.  Who's going to tell me what is the best new music  Who's ideas can I steal!!?!?  I couldn't believe someone so important to me was gone.  It was my first time crying in years.  
I will always remember the times we spent together.  Driving around in search of fun carpool off ramps.  Watching Sam the cooking guy.  Writing the song with Sam and Grant.  Going in chat rooms to give parenting advice.  Valentines at epicentre, just me and you to see Further seems Forever.  I just really hope you know you made me become a better person.  
I'll never forget.
To the best song writer I know.
Davey b.


1 comment:

ma said...

word up to good friends. :)